Geoduck belt drive

jetnoise

Re: Geoduck belt drive

Post by jetnoise » March 28th, 2016, 9:17 pm

That is a good looking surveyor. If the owner posts video of it on the water please let me know. And I'm going to copy parts of his trailer.

jchovernut

Post by jchovernut » April 19th, 2016, 12:46 am

Al, I don't remember the lift HP, but I believe it was at least a twin. It was TOTALLY unnecessary, especially with the G13BB powerplant!! It didn't fly the year I took the pics due to a fuel problem. But, I caught a brief view of it flying last summer in someone else's video at Hoverally, & it looked like it was throwing a wake typical of tail-heavy hovers!
John Carter
SEVs: Vanguard, FanTastic, Prospector, Explorer
Others: StarCruiser, UH-18P, RX2000
http://www.hovernut.com

jetnoise

Post by jetnoise » December 1st, 2016, 7:28 pm

on the website the Geoduck drive kit Includes all bearings, pulleys, bushings, belt, spacers as shown drive drawing, with all drilling and tapping done. in other post you mention the new timing belt style but I can only find anything like it is on the Super Surveyor carbon 90 drive. Do I have to buy both drives, dose the drive system for the Geoduck now come with the new timing drive, Or when I order the carbon 90 drive is it customized for the Geoduck

bphillip2

Post by bphillip2 » December 1st, 2016, 9:36 pm

The carbon 90 is for a 40hp vertical Kohler, nothing to do with Geoduck.

I updated the site:
Includes all bearings, pulleys, bushings, belt, idlers and shafts. Some kits, like Surveyor and Vanguard have drilling and tapping done.

We can custom design drive kits for an additional cost. Just give us a call!!

*As each kit differs from the others, what is pictured may not be what is included.

Geoduck info: Includes bearings, timing belt prop drive pulley, dual v-belt lift drive, idlers, bushings, snap rings and TGP steel shaft. The new timing belt prop drive is an ultra light aluminum prop pulley, steel driver and carbon fiber belt. The prop bearings are grease-able composite blocks. Stainless shaft and driver pulley optional. Adds about $175.

jetnoise

Post by jetnoise » December 2nd, 2016, 5:03 pm

Thank you Brian that answers all my questions.I hope to order the drive this coming spring and to be flying this summer

jetnoise

Post by jetnoise » April 12th, 2017, 5:39 pm

I started building the engine mount for my Geoduck today the plans on drawing 5. say " 1/4 HOLES TO TAKE BOLTS TO SECURE IDLER SHAFT ( SEE DETAIL A) BOLTS (2 PLACES)" I can't find DETAIL A.

AJW

Post by AJW » April 13th, 2017, 12:48 pm

I'm not familiar with geoduck drive, but if its similar to surveyor or vanguard there is a pair of 1/4" diameter bolts that holds the HDPE blocks in place that holds & supports the idler pulleys carrier in place. There is a picture on my vanguard build showing the upside down U shaped pivot mounts. Last picture uploaded yesterday.

I believe some people have opted to use twin drive belts to the lift fan on the Geoduck, so 4 idler pulleys.
4 idler pulleys.JPG
4 idler pulleys.JPG (140.89 KiB) Viewed 2143 times

jetnoise

Post by jetnoise » April 13th, 2017, 4:12 pm

Thanks that helps

jetnoise

Post by jetnoise » April 13th, 2017, 4:13 pm

Thanks that helps

jchovernut

Post by jchovernut » August 15th, 2017, 11:39 pm

Here's that modified Surveyor. It was built by Mark Gibbons. He has several YouTube videos of him flying it. Here's a walk-around:
John Carter
SEVs: Vanguard, FanTastic, Prospector, Explorer
Others: StarCruiser, UH-18P, RX2000
http://www.hovernut.com