Suzuki 1.3 vs 1.0

Rondeau

Suzuki 1.3 vs 1.0

Post by Rondeau »

Hello,

First ever post. Thanks for the forum.

I am planning a Prospector build for later this year. So far I have purchased the plans and videos, located suppliers, and made a price list. I'm in Ontario, Canada so I will be buying some items from Bryan at Sevtec, but other things like foam and glassing supplies locally.

As luck would have it, I found a guy in the next town over selling two Suzuki engines, a G10 and a G13. $250 each. Says they were removed in good working order. I haven't seen or inspected the engines myself yet. Both carb.

Right now, I'm planning on purchasing the 1.3, but I thought I'd ask:

All other things being equal, is there any reason not to go for the 1.3? It's a 4 cyl vs the 1.0 3 cyl. It's hard to find exact weights online, but seems like the 1.3 is maybe 25lbs more. Seems like about 65 hp vs 90'hp.

Is going bigger than the 1.0 just wasting horsepower? Or is the extra weight worth the bump in hp? Any opinions are welcome.

Thanks,
Mike
eccinoz

Re: Suzuki 1.3 vs 1.0

Post by eccinoz »

Hi, Rondeau. I'm using a G13B 1.3 Suzi. Weighs a bit more but smoother & very reliable little motors. Brilliant engines. Good luck
Rondeau

Post by Rondeau »

Thanks much, I'm going to see it Friday.

I can't pick one from the wreckers for $250 so it will be nice if this one works out.

Did you have a build website? Good chance I've seen it if you do! I've collected just about all of the nuggets of info the internet has to offer.

Mike
eccinoz

Post by eccinoz »

PM me on eccinoz@bigpond.com & I'll show you. ;) PS where are you located? I'm in Queensland. East Coast Australia. cheers Eric.