Skirt

flynlow

Skirt

Post by flynlow » October 28th, 2014, 11:29 am

Does any one have any pictures/video of how the skirt is attached to the craft. I'm looking for more detail and visual understanding of the process.
I do have the Sevtec build videos but find this just gives very basic info and detail. My skirt is complete, just needs to be attached !

Any help appreciated!

Cheers Scot

AJW

Re: Skirt

Post by AJW » October 28th, 2014, 1:10 pm

flynlow

Post by flynlow » October 28th, 2014, 2:28 pm

Thanks Al, I have watched your videos many times and they have helped a great deal throughout my build. I would like to see more of how the skirt is attached and fitted from the underside. Pictures of the airbox from the underside -splitter, fill panel, partition skirt etc.

Cheers Scot

AJW

Post by AJW » October 28th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Its pretty straight forward on the underside. The skirt is sandwiched between the hard points along the floor & up the bow panels with aluminium strip. Some people bolt straight through the hull with m6 nut & bolts with a little sealer around the bolt holes, others use self tapping screws to hold the ali strip on.

Under the lift fan area, again there are hard points to follow and the skirt is sandwiched with aluminium strip. The skirt infill panels along the air tank sides are the tricky bits, but easiest way is to use a straight edge from under the floor panel skirt attachment points as to mimic the skirt being bolted to the hull. The infill panels can be made then to join the skirt along his line and screwed to the air tank hard points. Hopefully that makes sense.

The divider skirt, mark out as per plan. It looks weird, but it does fit and again as you work on it, it becomes clear how it attaches.

The skirt seems complicated, but once you start marking it out, it becomes clear how it goes together and fixes to the hull. I measured my hull prior to marking the skirt out, just to make sure the skirt panel sizes matched the hull.

flynlow

Post by flynlow » October 28th, 2014, 7:16 pm

The waters are becoming a little clearer, hope to fit the skirt on my next days off ! :?