building a vanguard in timelapse

Please post your websites dedicated to building your hovercraft and any photos as well.
levster

building a vanguard in timelapse

Post by levster »

hope I got this right. this dude is building a vanguard in timelapse. pretty cool videos.https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... iGuvd89N4e
dnantha

Re: building a vanguard in timelapse

Post by dnantha »

Inspiring,,,Thanks Jason. Cant wait till it warms and dries up a little here. Ive cut and glassed all the pieces that I can and seeing them all stitched up in your vids has got me impatient to get mine together..What kind of resin did you use. It looked milky colored in your pics. ,,,,Dan C
dnantha

Post by dnantha »

OOpps Looks like I misunderstood. These vids weren't of your build. I still have the same question about the resin. Is it epoxy? Anyone know?
bandit1538

Post by bandit1538 »

dnantha wrote:OOpps Looks like I misunderstood. These vids weren't of your build. I still have the same question about the resin. Is it epoxy? Anyone know?
Dan, my guess is that he is coating the panel with micro balloons before glassing. What really amazes me is how fast he can change cloths.
If it aint broke, don't fix it.
dnantha

Post by dnantha »

He can do it so fast because he's skinny. Skinny people are fast. Id have to add two weeks to my build just working to get my old body up and down off the floor. Gonna' do it anyway, if it kills me. Who's the builder? Are you lurking on this board? How's it fly?,,,,Dan C
AJW

Post by AJW »

Looks like a tidy and light build well done.

My only worry from what I can see, is the builder has used 1/2" foam for the longerons and it looks like it is only about 3 inches deep. He has also joined the foam longerons on the weakest part of the hull where the main stress point is just forward of H1. The wood outer edges and the closing top foam panel may add some structural strength to compensate. The foam longerons could of course be a high modulus foam which is more stable than the wood.

Anyway as I said above tidy build well done