Pulleys & metalwork

highlandhovercraft

Pulleys & metalwork

Post by highlandhovercraft » April 22nd, 2012, 1:38 pm

I want to order the metal, lift fans & pulleys for my explorer this week.

The bottom pulley the size is printed on the plans size 4.75" X 8 grooved.

The remainder pulleys have part numbers on them which means nothing to me here in the UK.

What is the diameter of the two lift fan pulleys are they the same diameter as the engine drive pulley making lift 1:1 ratio ?

What is the diameter of the thrust prop pulley?

I intend on using a 1.8 subaru engine as per plan and a 3 bladed 84" prop.

I also need to order the steel & aluminium. Most of this is easy to figure out from the plan drawings. The bits I am having trouble with, without having an engine at the moment is the approx size of the 1/2" aluminium plates that I need to order. I want to order all the aluminium in one go as the cost of delivery to my rural location is quite high. I know there is a plate that holds the starter motor in it's new position and I think there is a plate that bolts to the flywheel, but not too sure on this one as it maybe the way I am interpreting the drawings.

Last question: What diameter tube or bar was used to make to soft top roof hoops? Was it aluminium tube or bar?

bphillip2

Re: Pulleys & metalwork

Post by bphillip2 » April 23rd, 2012, 7:16 am

You need to be more precise, which prop exactly? Which engine? The way it normally works is folks order the parts from me and I figure out the ratios for their engine and particular configuration.

I have a 7/8" pre-bent aluminum tube kit for the top.

highlandhovercraft

Post by highlandhovercraft » April 23rd, 2012, 8:04 am

The import duties and delivery charges from the USA to Scotland would probably add another 40% or 50% to the cost of sourcing materials in the UK. I plan on using the 84" airboat prop you sell for thrust. The prop I have no choice but to buy from the USA as no one supplies suitable props in the UK.

Engine I am hoping to use an ea82 carbruettor rather than a fuel injected 2.0 litre. Basically I am trying to stick as close to the plan set as I can with regards engine, lift & thrust.

Is the roof hoop kit listed in you online shop? Is it available to UK customers?

bphillip2

Post by bphillip2 » April 24th, 2012, 8:18 am

I would point out that the props costs the same whether you buy them from me or the manufacturer. Obviously I prefer the former. I can't afford to design drives for each setup on the price of plans alone.

I would need to calculate drives for your craft in this case. I am supplying a super light weight metric drive for the thrust now.

The boat top tube kit is not on the website, I'll get a price for you. You can email, skype or phone orders or questions. I ship over seas all the time.