Skirt extention arms

highlandhovercraft

Skirt extention arms

Post by highlandhovercraft » May 17th, 2012, 12:55 pm

For the skirt extention arms, what holds the long length of aluminium angle to the shorter arms?

I can see on the plan drawings the lengths of the angle and how the short arms attach to the hull brackets, but I cant see how the shorter arms attach to the long length of angle that the skirt attaches to at full hover width.

The obvious answer would be to bolt through the two, but then the skirt closing strip wouldn't lie flat on the strip.

exskimmer

Re: Skirt extention arms

Post by exskimmer » May 17th, 2012, 5:04 pm

I used counter sunk bolts . just make sure the skirt attach strip screws dont line up with the bolts .

highlandhovercraft

Post by highlandhovercraft » May 18th, 2012, 1:55 am

exskimmer wrote:I used counter sunk bolts . just make sure the skirt attach strip screws dont line up with the bolts .
Thanks, "why didn't I think of that"? I think what I will do is countersink the top near the rear edge, so it is away from anyskirt attachment bolts. Also use a small piece of angle bolted vertically on the underside at the end of the short arms, effectively making a right angle bracket so I can also bolt the long length on the outside edge, if that makes sense.

bphillip2

Post by bphillip2 » May 19th, 2012, 8:27 pm

Mine are just offset, you have 1.5"s to work with.